As a Senior Orbital Analyst at Spaceflux, you will be tasked with harnessing the company’s innovative sensor data to refine orbit determination and satellite behavior analysis. You’ll employ advanced analytical tools and engage with industry standards to enhance space domain awareness and contribute valuable insights on space operations. Collaboration with teams and clients will be pivotal to uphold Spaceflux’s dedication to space safety and sustainability.
- Lead the orbit determination process using Spaceflux’s sensor data and maintain a complete catalogue of orbits.
- Lead collision risk assessments and deliver comprehensive conjunction analyses to clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients regarding the solution to high-risk conjunctions and potential manoeuvre strategies.
- Work with the software engineering team to automate and improve existing SSA analytical tools for better data output.
- Conduct independent research to keep the predictive models and methodologies in check with the latest developments in the field.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for space situational and space domain awareness
- Provide detailed reports to clients on satellite behavior, potential anomalies, and assist in post-mission analysis.
- Maintain active participation in industry forums and technical working groups to stay abreast with space safety norms and standards.
- Lead the development of training materials and direct client training sessions regarding the best use of Spaceflux data and services.
- Provide foresight on emerging space threats and collaborate with R&D for mitigative technology development.
- PhD (preferred) or Master’s degree in aerospace engineering, astrodynamics, or related discipline with a strong focus on orbital mechanics and space situational awareness.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SSA data analysis, ideally in a commercial context.
- Proficiency with orbit determination software such as Ansys ODTK or OREKIT and strong programming skills, particularly in Python.
- Current knowledge of space law and policy, as well as experience interfacing with regulatory bodies.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to process complex datasets and articulate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking and proactive problem-solving in real-time satellite operations scenarios.
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration with diverse international teams and clients.